I did it all over again since it was another house warming party. I used my biggest baking pan, but still it was too small for all the guests. Everybody only shared a very very thin slice of cake.
For a 10 inch cake
7 large eggs
1 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup icing sugar
3/4 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk
3/4 tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp cream of tartar
Orange cheese mousse
2 package of brick cream cheese, 250g
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup of milk
2 tbsp gelatin
1 cup water
1/2 cup of sugar
1 small package (4 serving) of orange flavor Jello powder. Only use 3/4 for the cheese mousse, 1/4 saved for the cake topping.
1 grape fruit
1/4 cup warm water
1/4 Jello powder
Preheat the oven 325F.
1. Mix flour, 2/3 cup icing sugar ( another 1/3 cup saved for the egg white), baking powder, salt.
2. Shift through
3. Add vegetable oil, milk, vanilla extract, and 7 egg yolks.
4. Mix well
5. Put 7 egg white in a different bowl.
6. Beat egg white for 3 minutes, add the rest of 1/3 cup icing sugar, and cream of tartar.
7. Beat for few more minutes
8. It is ready when the egg white reaches hard-peak stage.
9. Prepare the bake pan, with parchment paper underneath, and around.
10. Mix egg white with the flour batter 1/3 at a time. Fold it in gently to prevent losing the volume.
11. Pour the batter into the baking pan.
12. In the oven, lower the temperature to 300F, 75 minutes. Rotate the baking pan after 45 minutes. When ready, use the tooth pick to test it. If tooth pick comes out clean, It is done.
13. Put the pan upside down on a cooling rack for about an hour.
14. Remove the pan and parchment paper on the side, save the parchment paper at the bottom, continue to cool.
15. Use four tooth picks to center each side of the cake. Cut along the tooth picks making sure that the cake is evenly cut into two slices. Same method can be used to cut three layers as well.
16. Put the bottom layer back into the baking pan. Surround it with new parchment paper.
Orange cheese mousse mix
17. Soak gelatin in 1/2 cup water for 3 minutes, heat it up in a microwave for 1 minute. Let it sit for 3 minutes, the gelatin water will become completely clear. Do the same with the Jello Powder in another cup.
18. Mix cream cheese and sugar, beat until smooth
19. Add plain yogurt and milk Mix well
20. Add gelatin water and Jello water
21. Beat the whipping cream until stiff in another bowl, then fold the whipped cream into the cheese batter.
22. Pour 1/3 of the mix onto the first layer of the cake.
23. Drop the second layer, gently press it down. Then pour the rest of the cheese mix. Leave it in the fridge at least for 5 hours.
To prepare fruit topping
23. Cut the fruits. Assemble the fruits on the top of the cake.
24. Prepare the Jello water as indicated above. Pour the rest of Jello water on the top. Chill the cake in fridge for one hour.
25. Insert the mint leaves. Mint leaves will dry quickly if left in fridge for a few hours. So do it at the very last moment.
For step by step pictures please check the previous posts