Sweet Cream Biscuits
This recipe is from the book Baking from my home to yours.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-5/4 cups cold heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven 425 F.
2. Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a big bowl.
3. Pour about 1 cup of the cream over the dry ingredients, grab a fork and start tossing the ingredients together. If necessary, add more cream, a spoonful at a time, until you've got a nice soft dough.
4. Reach into the bowl with your hands and give the dough a quick, gentle kneading--3 or 4 turns should be just enough to bring everything together.
5. Lightly dust a work surface with flour and turn out the dough. Dust the top of the dough very lightly with flour and pat the dough out with hands until it is about 1/2 inch high.
6.Use the biscuit cutter to cut out as many biscuits as you can and transfer them to the baking sheet. Brush the top with the egg wash.
7. Bake the biscuits for 14-18 minutes, or until they are tall, puffed and golden brown.