Here are what I got:
"chicken without sexual life"
"young chicken without sex"
I like to use this chicken, because it is small, and I can add lots of vegetables. Does it really taste better?
one whole spring chicken
2 large carrots
3 large potatoes
2 cups of fresh shiitake mushrooms
ginger few slices
soy sauce 3 tablespoon
dark soy sauce 2 tablespoon
corn starch 3 table spoon to coat chicken
corn starch 1 tablespoon to thicken the soup
1. Cut chicken into same size pieces, add salt and pepper, mix. Then add corn starch to coat the chicken.
2. Saute the chicken until golden brown. If your slow cooker has this function, that is wonderful, if not use a regular pan to saute it. Then add into the cooker.
3. Add hot water, ginger, soy sauce, salt, fresh shiitake mushroom potatoes and last, the carrots.
4. Turn the cooker at Stew function, cook it for 1 hour. Do not use slow cook function, otherwise the carrots will be over cooked.
5. After chicken and vegetables are fully cooked. Add dark soy sauce to give it a darker brown color. Also add starch water (1 table spoon corn starch mixed with 1/4 cup of cold water) to thicken the soup.
6. Garnish with green onions.
Thanks for watching!